TechServeTO is currently accepting volunteers that can assist with the operations of the organization and/or call seniors. As such a volunteer, you would be responsible for one or more of the following tasks:
- Calling older adults to assist with their tech support needs
- Representing TechServe in discussions with potential partners
- Co-ordinating calls for tech assistance and directing calls to the appropriate tech support volunteer
- Working on volunteer orientation handbook to improve it
- Organizing volunteer training sessions
- Helping with senior outreach activities (surveys, emails, etc)
- Helping to deliver workshops to older adults (key focus area for 2021)
- Seeking fundraising opportunities for TechServe
- Other ad-hoc administrative activities that may arise
These roles are central to expanding the reach and impact of TechServeTO and helping seniors. By signing up you commit to a minimum 3 hour volunteer commitment per week.
Upon signing up, we will contact you within 72 hours with more information and training materials. Also, refer to FAQ for more information or email us at: [email protected].
Note that we will call you as part of the screening process to understand your motivations for volunteering with us, how you learned about us, and what you would like to get out of this experience. This will be a 5-10 minute discussion.